Thursday, January 21, 2010

B-side, Back in School, Bargains, and Podcasts

mms_picture.jpg

Here's a status shot of how far I've gotten on my mom's B-Side Cardigan by Laura Chau. I'm having a good time with this one. This isn't the greatest picture. It honestly looks better in person. It's pretty mindless, but that cable keeps things interesting. My choice of yarn I'm not so sure about. I'm using Knitpicks Swish DK in Mist. I've had it in my stash for ages and figured it would be a good choice for mom since she has a habit of accidentally shrinking (and bleaching) things, God love her! Anyway, the yarn has a weird texture to it, I'm assuming that's how superwash is supposed to feel since this is my first time working with it. And it's already pilling. I'm hoping that after a good washing and shaving, it will look pretty good, we'll see.

The Spring semester starts today. Since I'm back to work full time, I was only able to take one course. Unfortunately, it's a science (Human Development and Reproduction)that I need for my major and have been putting off forever. It only meets once a week, from 6-8:50. In addition to that I'm still at the restaurant 2 nights a week for extra cashola. This schedule is pretty nuts, so we'll see how long I can hack it.

Here's a cute shot I took over the weekends of the kidlets all dresed up and adorable. I am such a bargain shopper. Lucas's sweater was 7 bucks at Target. Natalia's dress, 6 bucks at Old Navy, and her little purple shrug was 8 bucks at H&M. Pretty much their entire wardrobes come from those 3 stores.

mms_picture.jpg

Podcasts, I'm pretty much obsessed with them right now. It's the only thing that motivates me to clean.

Here are the ones I listen to:
Craftlit - Heather Ordover is a crafty, literary, rockstar
Knitmore Girls - Jasmine has awesome fuschia hair, enough said
Never Not Knitting - Alana is hilarious and she has a daughter just a little younger than mine. She also designs adorable kids' stuff.
Lime and Violet - are always good
Stash and Burn - great knitting content
Stitch It - love Meghan and all her tips, she's ADORABLE
High Fiber Diet - Coggie is pleasant, funny, and informative
Knitajourney - Susan conducts some really great interviews
The Knitting Show - Peter and Deidre are a brother & sister duo from a family of 12 siblings
Grandma's Sewing Cabinet
Radical Cross Stitch - Rayna's Australian craftiness
Knitpicks

And that's not even all of them.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers