Friday, February 12, 2010

Lucas turns 2, a Little FO, 2 Blizzards, and some Rollerskates

Well, I'm happy to report that the little guy has recovered 100% from his bout of pneumonia. We celebrated his second birthday with a party at my house. We have a small 2 bedroom condo and we had about 20 relatives and friends over. It was a little crowded, but nobody minded. Our family lives up in Northern New Jersey and they drove over an hour, each way, to be with us. There was about an inch of snow on the ground when they left, but thankfully everyone made it home ok. These cupcakes were a HUGE hit. They were so good! Just the right amount of sweetness. I can't recommend this recipe enough. I wish I had taken a photo, but I was just too busy running around cooking, baking, cleaning, entertaining, etc. No pics from the party, unfortunately. But my uncle snapped some good ones and I'm trying to get them from him.

I have a tiny little FO to share:
Bluebird Egg  - Itty Bitty Toys
Bluebird from Itty Bitty Knits
Bluebird from Itty Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson

It is the Bluebird from Itty Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderon I was originally knitting it for Natalia, but Lucas loooves it!
mms_picture.jpg

So, I'll have to knit her something else. She's already requested the Koala Mama & Baby from the same book. Knitting toys is so fun, quick, and rewarding.

In the past 2 weeks we have been hit with almost 40 inches of snow!!! We had 2 blizzards here in the Northeast. It's been great. The kids got to build their very first Snowman.
Blizzard of 2010 - 20 inches
Isn't he awesome?

We have been stuck in the house a great deal. After a couple of days we had an extreme case of cabin fever. So, Natalia and I hit the local skating rink.
Rollergirl

We had SO MUCH FUN. Had forgotten how much I love it. It was a great workout too. I was extremely sore the next day. I think it's something we are going to try to go regularly. I need to balance out all the time I spend sitting on my a@$ knitting/crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers