Thursday, March 4, 2010

One Sock, Thrifting, and Granola Bars

It’s been a little while, but I have a valid (although embarrassing) excuse. I spilled coffee on my keyboard. As a result, most of the keys no longer work. This totally sucks. I kept trying to get to the library to post, but with work, dinner, baths, bedtimes, it was just not happening. So here, I am, on my lunch break, writing a post from work.

Here’s what I’ve been up to:

Ravelympics – I set the bar super low. I wanted to complete 1 sock, yes just 1, from this pattern. And here it is in all its glory:

Show Offs 1
Show Offs

(imagining applause and the crowd going WILD)

I cannot tell you how much I love shopping at thrift stores. Here are my latest finds:

0302100640.jpg

This is a vintage 1970’s Corning Ware range top teapot. And I love it. It’s in immaculate condition and I got it for $4. I’ve seen them sell online via Etsy and Ebay for 30-50 bucks. But this one is not going anywhere. It’s all mine. Now to find a knitted cosy/cozy pattern to fit it…

Thrifted Ralph Lauren

This is amazing. The picture does not do it justice. The label says Ralph Lauren Handknit. It’s a tweedy green mixture of cashmere and lambswool. It’s gorgeous and fits like a glove. However, after 2 kids, there is no way I’m wearing a cardigan than stops a couple of inches past my boobs. No way. And, there was never a time that I would have considered wearing a skin tight, handknit, miniskirt. So, I’m working on unraveling and recycling the yarn. I would like to join the Knitmore Girls Mondo Cable Cardi KAL if I get it unraveled washed and dried in time. Oh, and it cost me $12.50... for cashmere and lambswool.


On the baking/cooking front, I’d like to share my delicious homemade granola bars.

Granola bars

I got the idea from The Frugal Girl website. I’m a little obsessed with her right now. She’s amazing. I’m reading my way through her archives whenever I can find the time. She has fantastic recipes (mostly baking). She’ll teach you how to make your own yogurt. She has great tips on menu planning and shows you how she feeds her family of 6 for under $100/week. She’s fascinating.

I would just like to that I’m so glad that The Stitch It Podcast by Meghan is back after a month long hiatus/sabbatical. I listen to A LOT of podcasts, and this one is my favorite. Check it out!

Also, I just finished listening to the final episode of Tale of Two Cities on Craftlit. I’m super excited about Jane Austen's Persuasion, which is up next. I also downloaded all of Jekyll & Hyde. Love that Heather Ordover! My iPod is fully loaded which will givesme the motivation I need to clean my house!

Talk to you soon…I hope.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers